We previously did a series of blogs to explain the upcoming changes to RCRA regulations that will impact generators of hazardous wastes. The changes went into effect on May 30, 2017. The eight areas of change are:
- Reorganization of the Hazardous Waste Generator Regulations and modifies the organization of the Preamble.
- Changes to 40 CFR Part 260, which covers definitions
- Changes to 40 CFR Part 261, requiring biennial reporting by facilities that recycle hazardous waste without storing it.
- Changes to 40 CFR Part 262, which covers the standards applicable to generators of hazardous waste
- Additional changes to 40 CFR Part 262 for generators that would ordinarily have changed status due to an episodic event
- Additional changes to 40 CFR Part 262 clarifying expectations related to Preparedness, Prevention, and Emergency Procedures for SQG’s and LQG’s
- Technical corrections and changes to 40 CFR Part 257
- New discussion of “Electronic Tools to Streamline Hazardous Waste Reporting and Record keeping Requirements”
If you missed our prior blogs, you can look for them in our archives. For more information about these changes, please contact Todd Pencarinha at 713-568-3651 or at email@example.com